Dudes and Ladies of the Internet,
Wut’s up? U sexy.
Hahaha, just kidding. I would never really speak to you in such a disgusting manner.
The last few weeks have been weird, so I’m just going to make a short list here of the things I’ve been thinking about. Cool?
“Try not to bullshit answers because sometimes that can fuck people up.”
1. My emotions have been all over the place lately, vacillating from practicing a complete vulnerability (which Brene Brown says helps us overcome fear and allows us to live a life of greater joy) to a complete closed-offness. Almost a little like I’m dead inside. HAPPY THURSDAY.
2. On the other hand, my professional life is slowly being whittled into place, and that feels kind of awesome.
3. Sometimes I am faced with the knowledge that I just. don’t. know. Improv training says this is an opportunity for wild creativity. Growing-Up-With-A-Very-Practical-Mom Training says, “Try not to bullshit answers because sometimes that can fuck people up.”
4. Anyone else over the rampant “glass is always half full” humble-bragging of the Internet? I think I get sucked into it sometimes myself (it’s easy to think that if I’m just HAPPY enough about something, it’ll happen), but I’m to the point where it’s becoming unbelievable, I guess. Really? You’re THAT happy all the time? You never feel anything else or get tired or see the gross things that other people do? Do you just choose to ignore it? On that note...
5. Maybe the glass isn’t half-full or half-empty. Maybe you just ordered the wrong thing. Maybe that’s just the way that restaurant pours. The trick is, I think, to see that glass and say, “This is what I have right now. OK. I can deal with this.”